I received a graduate level certificate in Technology Integration from Boise State University. This program consisted of the following courses:
EDTECH 501: Internet for Educators (link to website I created, includes links to resources/lessons created)
- EDTECH 501: Internet for Educators
- EDTECH 541: Integrating Technology in the Classroom
- EDTECH 541: Project-Based Learning
Course Description: Design and develop instructional web pages using HTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver. Apply instructional strategies when creating educational websites.
Assignments: Created webpages on the following:
- Netiquette Rules
- Accessibility features on iPads
- Copyright and Fair Use
- Interactive Concept Map--lesson designed for 4th grade on Native American government
- Jigsaw Internet Search Activity --lesson designed for 5th grade on energy sources in Minnesota
- Mobile Learning Activity--designed for parents/adults to use when visiting Forestville and Mystery Cave
- Virtual Field Trip--designed for 4th grade students. Social Studies lesson on US neighbors
- WebQuest--designed for upper elementary students. Includes many learning activites to accompany the book Wonder by RJ Palacio
EDTECH 541: Integrating Technology in the Classroom (link to my EDTECH 541 Weebly site)
Course Description: Examination and practice in technology integration strategies in classroom environments, using various applications, instructional, and productivity software, evaluating tools and resources, and developing integrated instructional activities.
Assignments: Created lessons using a variety of tools, or found resources to use (focus on meeting MN 4th Grade Social Studies Standards.
I also compiled resources related to these assignments (click Resources tab on EDTECH 541 webpage)
- Relative Advantage Chart--lists advantages of using technology in 4th grade social studies
- Instructional Software Lesson Plan--lesson on reviewing US States and Capitals
- Software Support Tools--list of tools to use in teaching social studies
- Presentation--Google Slides presentation on Presidential Power
- Spreadsheet Lesson--Lesson on population trends and using a spreadsheet
- Shared Docs Lesson--Students use Google Docs to collaborate with others. Topic is decision making used PACED model
- Video Integration--Video library to support MN 4th grade social studies standards and a lesson on citizenship
- Internet Enriched Lesson--Lesson on using TODALS map features
- Web-Based Learning--Students will explore immigration by using various websites
- Game-Based Learning--Students will learn about the election process by playing games
- Technology in Language Arts--Students will create an ebook about a US region
- Technology in Art, Music, & PE--Resources for learning about latitude and longitude
- Mobile Technology Lesson--Lessons that incorporate the use of apps to help students learn more about the constitution and what it means to be a citizen
- Adaptive/Assistive Technology--Resources for students with cognitive, physical, or sensory difficulties, at-risk students, and gifted/talented students.
EDTECH 542: Project-Based Learning (link to my 4th Grade Rock Hounds Weebly site)
Course Description: Examines the Project-Based Learning Model, including development of PBL-based instructional units that engage learners in projects requiring investigation, analysis, synthesis, and presentation in real-world scenarios.
Assignment: Created a project-based unit titled 4th Grade Rock Hounds. This Project Based Learning plan will have students exploring the properties of rocks and minerals found in the local area. They will also conduct research into how Native Americans used certain rocks from the area. Students will present their findings by creating a field guide for community members and others to view.